Saturday, March 26, 2011

Green Monsta

So I dunno if you picked this up from my last post involving mushrooms, but I am attempting to go vegetarian. Emphasis on the word attempt. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now and I've only had 3 or 4 slip-ups! That is, if you even call them slip-ups - my vegetarian coach Brett told me that turkey is a vegetable and bacon is a fruit, so except for that Buffalo Chicken sandwich I had last weekend, I am in the clear!

Anywho. I was looking for some vegetarian recipes and I found this website called Oh She Glows. The author, Angela, is vegan, which is a little too hardcore for me, but I am still interested in trying some of her recipes. She has this smoothie drink called a Green Monster that piqued my interest. She had a recipe for a basic one on her site, but I kind of just used her recipe as a jumpoff point. She has a ton of different recipes that I want to try, but my first one was just kind of basic.

Ingredients
spinach
1 banana
frozen berries
coconut milk
ice

No amounts, except for the banana. Yea, so sue me. I just eyeballed it, and added more stuff as it blended. Let your hair down already geez.

Maybe this visual will help.

Or this one.

Basically throw it all in the blender and hit blend! Then drink.

My first attempt - not so green.

Second attempt. Greener!
 
Much better! And you can't taste the spinach. It is supposed to give you a ton of energy. I'll be putting up other recipes with different variations as I make them. To look for more recipes yourself, check out her Green Monster Movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment