Monday, June 20, 2011

Garden on June 20

I know I am updating ridiculously frequently, but the garden has gone insane in the past few weeks.

Exhibit A: Banana peppers.

 Above are 5 that are pretty much ready...

And there are more on the way!

These purple coffee peppers are so out of control. I counted 16 today, and I may have missed a few. Last week there were only 7. Say whaaaaaat?! I think I need to start picking some.


My green peppers are starting to grow too! The second pic is my biggest one so far, about 2.5 inches!

Little cucumbers are really coming back to life. Hallelujah! It looks spiky.

Look how crazy this zucchini is. It grows like a light bulb! Or a balloon animal.

This is the biggest zucchini. I think it might be ready to harvest.

I planted lettuce seeds a few days ago and they are sprouting...

As are my spinach seeds! Hopefully I will have better luck with the seeds than with my first plant. I let it flower, which you are not supposed to do, and my spinach was ruined. We threw it out and I planted the seeds in its place.

Pulled some carrots out today and shared them with the doggies.

Black-eyed Susans starting to come in nicely.

And finally, today's harvest. I don't know if the purple pepper is ready, but I am going to try it and see what it tastes like. 2 green cayenne peppers on the left, and a 4 inch banana pepper on the right. Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment