Monday, June 13, 2011

Garden Pics from June 12

So I took some more pictures today, because... why not. Also, the plants are exploding and I can't believe how insane their progress is. Also, Dennis got us an old school sprinkler and it is doing a fantastic job. Plus it is fun to take pictures of it. Maybe my definition of fun is a little different than yours...

Prettttyyyy
Little water drops
Once the plants were thoroughly watered, they made great subjects for my camera. The water droplets look pretty sweet. My camera is a little old but it gets the job done and I am happy with the results.

Baby cayenne pepper
Another new cayenne pepper
First bell pepper!
Little bell pepper starting to grow
Carrots coming right out of the ground
I am loving these purple Trinidad coffee peppers. I have no idea what they are going to taste like, or how big they will get, but for the time being I can't get enough of just taking their pictures! In one shot there are 7 peppers!!



7... count em, 7 peppers
We bought this trellis today for our cucumbers. It's supposed to be for tomatoes, but the cucumbers won't know the difference, hopefully. We are hoping they will regain their strength & start climbing soon


Trellis to support the cucumbers
Cucumber is officially flowering!
Our zucchini plants are starting to bust right out of their pots. We were seeing some little zucchinis starting to sprout up before we moved the plants into their new pots, but probably no bigger than a golf pencil. Dennis moved both the zucchini & cucumber plants on Memorial Day, which if you recall was HOT AS HELL. Apparently, moving them in that kind of heat can shock the plant and kill it, which is why we thought they had kicked the bucket. We were totally bummed. But in a shocking twist ending, they both started to regrow. Yay! Now the zucchini plant has produced a zucchini almost overnight that is bigger than any of the other ones that took weeks to grow.

Zucchini, featuring my hand for size comparison
Last but not least, our first harvest:


Banana pepper!! I thought this pepper looked ready to pick, and when I grabbed hold of it to snip the stem, it just fell off of the plant. So I assumed that was the pepper telling me it was ready. I washed it, chopped it up, and put it in our salads for dinner. This was my first banana pepper EVER and I must say it really kicked the salad up a notch.The salad consisted of mixed greens, goat cheese, craisins, sunflower seeds, banana peppers, and Maple Grove Farms Asiago & Garlic dressing. Magnifique!


This garden has been such a fun and rewarding experience and I can't wait to see what crops up tomorrow!

1 comment: